At the time when Ireland was organist at St Luke’s, Chelsea, there were schools attached to the church, attended by several of his choristers. It is difficult to find much in the way of concrete information on these schools, however. This picture shows King Street, a narrow road which ran north from Cale Street in the late nineteenth- and early twentieth centuries. On the right are the entrances to the two St Luke’s Schools (Boys and Girls) which were behind the church in Sydney Street. The schools were completed in 1826, with an objective of providing education for poor children, but are no longer standing. King Street is now St Luke’s Street.