One of Ireland’s cousins (son of Uncle Henry) was ‘Harry’ Oliphant Nicholson (1870–1941). Born in Scotland, on 5 December 1899 he married Euphemia Nairn (1872–1942), who was the daughter of Sir Michael Barker Nairn, (1838–1915 (seen below, painted in 1909), 1st Baronet of Rankeilour and Dysart House, and his wife Emily. Dysart House is now a Carmelite convent.
Euphemia was one of eleven children:
- Lucy Nairn d. 1881
- Catherine Ann Nairn (1867–1955)
- Emily Frances Nairn (1868–1958)
- Edith Blanche Nairn (1871–1965)
- EUPHEMIA NAIRN (1872–1942)
- Sir Michael Nairn of Rankeilour, 2nd Bt. (1874–1952)
- Isabella Nairn b. 1875
- Mary Nairn (1876–1952)
- Major Sir Robert Spencer-Nairn, 1st Bt. (1880–1960)
- Alfred Douglas Nairn (1882–95)
- Dorothy Clare Nairn b. 1884
Who’s Who, 1926, p.2175.